Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 11 – What Do You Do with a Power Sander?

Have you ever gotten something that you really wanted and were looking forward to, and after you got it wondered, “Now, what?” Like the latest power tool or a fancy new computer? Yeah, it’s awesome, but what are you going to do with it? That is sort of how I feel looking at all my new davemail stuff. The web site is better than I imagined (click HERE to view), and the collateral pieces are great, but if I don’t use them correctly, and to their fullest potential, then all of this will have been an expensive and self-indulgent waste of time.

Not that I am putting any pressure on myself.

I actually have a pretty solid plan for the implementation stage of operation davemail, but looking at the big picture right now, it seems a bit overwhelming. I have an entire white board full of ideas for getting the word out and driving traffic to the site, so it is a matter of breaking them down into bite-size pieces and working them in around the work I currently have.

That may have been the part I underestimated the most – the time needed to relaunch a business while keeping all my current clients happy along the way. And we all know that the pursuit of new clients at the expense of current ones is never a good plan.

Having said all that, I remain excited and optimistic that the changeover will pay dividends many times over this initial investment, and that with the help of my very talented and committed team, my biggest challenges will be how to grow and expand wisely.

Starting this week, you will be receiving a weekly davemail newsletter with links to my latest blog posts, industry news and practical info on subjects such as developing mailing lists and finding good content.

It also seems like a good time to move this blog (which will remain separate from the main site) to once a month. That will allow me to concentrate on my core responsibilities but still keep you in the loop regarding developments in the world of davemail – without abusing your inbox.

So, please check out http://www.mydavemail.com/, and tell your friends about it, so they can tell their friends and so on…

ECONOMIC SNAPSHOT
Dow: 8574 (a nice jump)
Unemployment Rate: 8.5% (March)
Big News: After an extra week at the Capitol, the Florida Legislature passes a $66.5 billion budget.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the once per month idea on blog posts going forward. You've got to focus on taking care of current clients and growing your business.

    I like the new website. Now the work begins.

    ReplyDelete